Issues with using localhost as the callback

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:30 AM

Hello, thanks for putting this together.  I'm having some problems with using localhost:81 as a callback, because facebook is special casing this domain, and returned different cookies, which the site then doesn't know how to parse.  With non-azure development, I would just map an entry in my hosts file to point to my local box, but that doesn't seem to work with azure.  Have you all run into this issue?  If so, any suggestions?

Also, is there a quick way that you all know of to force azure to stay on port 81 without having to start and stop the dev fabric each time?  It's getting old already.  :-/

Thanks guys.

-jeff

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:35 AM

ehh, nevermind.  Firefox was just acting up.  For the 2nd part, I guess I'll be creating some scripts to quickly restart the fabric.

Thanks

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I have the same issues with azure staying on port 81.  Rather annoying i must agree.  Also if you want to test this on an iis server on port 80, you can use Dependency Injection to abstract the cloud pieces and be able to test on a local server or a preview server which is what we do a lot.

Jim

Dec 19, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Interesting.

Could you explain how you test your azure facebook apps (iframe) locally?