Windows Azure Helpers
Welcome to the Windows Azure Helpers. Originally this toolkit was built by
in collaboration with Microsoft to give the community a good starter kit for getting Facebook apps up and running in Windows Azure. Since then we have worked with Microsoft to get the Azure samples running in the Facebook C# SDK
and have made this toolkit more of a helper library to build Azure applications more quickly. We will have more samples and documentation to come very shortly.
Get a Windows Azure Trial Account
You can watch our Channel 9 Videos @:
- Try out a free Windows Azure account for 30 days with your Facebook app.
here, select "United States" and enter promocode FBPASS
Getting started with the Windows Azure Toolkit for Facebook:
Interview with Jim Zimmerman, CTO Thuzi and author of the Toolkit:
What does this Toolit include?
- Windows Azure Toolkit - Simplified library for accessing Message Queues, Table Storage and Sql Server
- Automated build scripts for one-click deployment from TFS 2010 to Azure
How do I get started?
- Set up an Azure Account
- Set up a database in Sql Azure
- Set up a storage account in Azure for Table Storage, Message Queues and Blob Storage
Setting up Deployment in TFS 2010
- Add a server ssl certificate to your account in Azure
- Check azure cmdlets and documentation of powershell scripts
- Modify the TFSBuild.proj file to include your path for where your builds are released on your server